Poor Planning

So the snags continue and my confidence in G Adventures plummets.  Instead of getting to Medellin last night,  we took a hotel in a dangerous neighborhood in Bucaramanga.   We left for the airport in the morning,  but our midday flight flew to Medellin without passengers for mechanical issues.  Apparently it is on the way back here now.  However we have effectively lost a day and a half of our vacation.

I lay  the blame squarely on poor planning.   The CEO (guide) had to wait for an alternate plan and we wasted hours.  Now the alternate plan is full of holes.

I am a bit frustrated and want to digitally vent.   Anyone care to comment on their travel woes?  Anyone have good stories of compensation?

This entry was posted in acting, complaints, G Adventures, perfect moment, practice, travel, travel tips, travel writing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Poor Planning

I feel your pain. Hope it is all resolved soon.

2. Margie says:

So sorry for your luck. Just a few snags. As it seemed like an awesome trip. Yes, I have got money when things went wrong. When my plane was delayed and I needed to stay on St. Maarten it was covered. I got 2 tickets in North America and Caribbean when I gave up Hunter and my seat. Don’t forget we have a sister really good at that. I am glad your plane got the mechanical attention it needed and you were just held up. Maybe in your next life you can be a tour organizer.

Sorry to hear that, Anthony, but as long as you are safe and well, I am sure it will work out okay. I hope you’re back to having fun soon!

4. Anonymous says:

i am glad your ok are you on track now

5. capejohn says:

It’s all part of the adventure. Relax and enjoy yourself. It’s a new day.

My travel woes? I had to abandon the Actun Tunichik Muknal cave tour in Belize part way because we were waist deep in water, and my Raynaud Syndrome was triggered. The guides didn’t immediately understand how urgent it was. Once we were out of the cave, they had seen how my feet had turned white. They had no idea what to do which told me that they had no first aid training at all. Not a good sign. Before the tour, I asked the company if they would be able to provide me with a transcript or some written information on the tour, as way of making the tour more accessible to me. They tried selling me a book. 🙄

I got a sun/heat stroke in Beijing and lost a full day. Heat stroke in Geneva, Switzerland: lost a full day. Came down with a bad cold near the end of my trip to Japan.

Not the same as losing a day because of a company’s poor planning, but still sucky!

I guess, up until this trip, most things had gone well…..however, now that I think about it, I have had some bad luck while traveling. I guess it happens to everyone. You just have to roll with the punches.