At the beginning of the year, I hoped that I would double the number of views I had from the past year. I had done that in both 2016 and 2017–though I failed to do so in 2018–I thought it might be possible in 2019. Now as we cruise into the last month of the year, I have come to accept that it is highly unlikely. However, I can, at least, take comfort in the fact that I have, as of sometime after midnight, beaten the overall number of views from the year before. While I won’t double my numbers, I should be able to put some distance between the new and old totals. I still have great ambitions for this blog.
To what do I owe my modest success?
- Pestering friends and family on Facebook
- Starting an Instagram account
- Writing a few well crafted pieces of writing
- Writing on some interesting topics
- Continued interest in the posts “How Long is 30 Minutes?” and “The Proper Way to Eat a KitKat.” (Hundreds of views a year)
- Pure luck
- The support of all my readers (That means you.)