I wish I could write a blog that sums up the weekend so precisely that no other weekend summary would even come close.
Saturday started out nicely with conversations, food, and even a bit of grocery shopping. Sadly, both of my favourite sports teams, the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish were completely dismantled by their opponents. In addition to this, I had just tried my hand at betting on College Fotball and didn’t win. Though the bet was small, I was hoping for confirmation that I was a brilliant prognosticator of College Football.
This morning, I awoke rather early for a Sunday. I am not sure why. I certainly didn’t get enough sleep and I expect to be somewhat of a zombie at work on Monday. Thankfully, my students might also be in the same frame of mind and our zombie–ness will cancel each other out.
This early morning meant that I could be a bit more productive than normal. I managed to;
- do a couple of loads of laundry.
- drink three cups of coffee instead of my usual two.
- watch a couple of episodes of the new fall season TV that I had PVRed but hadn’t watched. I’ve got the thing almost 70% full and I am worried that one long sporting event is going to crash the whole thing.
- get some new library books. Actually the big accomplishment there is finding a parking spot in the small parking lot. That it was close to the entrance is an amazing bonus.
- do a little grocery shopping without breaking the bank.
- get a new paper shredder and not get sidetracked by all the new computers and comfortable office chairs.
- get my lunch made for the next two days of work.
Lastly, and most importantly, I decided to rewrite my biography page–what I like to call the Anthony Story. I hadn’t done that in a while and I thought since I am shaking things up by being more productive than usual on a Sunday, I might as well shake things up even more. If you want to check it out, you can follow the tabs above or click here. I don’t know if there are any earth shattering revelations, but at least it was fun to write.