Looking forward to the new year is one of the fun things that I can do on January first. Since I am not riddled with a massive hangover, it should be easier than usual.
That’s a great word, should. It should be easy, but it isn’t. Looking forward, one always looks back at things not accomplished and things that could have been better. At the beginning of 2018 I chose three words to sum up the year. They were:
Better, Bolder, Active
If I were to be honest, I was definitely better and bolder. I taught better and I took care of more things in my life. I talked to more people and I took more chances. Unfortunately, I don’t think I was more active. 2017 had two cycling trips where 2018 had none. I did more riding with the club than 2017, but I didn’t feel particularly fast or fit.
I jotted down a quick list and then spent a few minutes trying to organize it. Hopefully this will help.
- I will make more time for the important people in my life.
- I will eat better (healthier and better).
- I will live more.
- I will travel more.
- I will sleep earlier when realistically possible.
- I will ride with the B group consistently. This will mean riding more often to get up to pace, but it will definitely be worth it.
- I will write some amazing blog posts that set the internet on fire.
- I will write more. I will write short stories and a novel. This blog is good practice, but now it is time to practice other aspects of this voice inside my head.
- I will get more things done.
Now this is a pretty non-specific list, and I should probably set more measurable targets for these ideas, but that isn’t something I can do tonight. Tonight is for putting down some ideas and the rest of the week is for refining them.
If I were to choose some words for 2019
Confidence, Commitment, Boldness, and Determination