This is not the post that I had planned on writing, and it probably isn’t the post I am expected to write. I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by View From The Back. Please go check out the blog. While I definitely want to thank this person for the award, I really
can’t won’t go through the steps of this award.
First and foremost, and more formally than I already wrote, thank you for nominating me for this award. I appreciate that you enjoyed my blog and I hope your followers will also. Additionally, thank you for the many comments you have left me. I don’t know if my blog is reaching people, but this makes me think that I am. I feel very strongly about the positive message of the blog and I love that it allows me to flex my creative muscles. I hope my words make people smile, smirk, laugh, and nod in recognition.
Also, your blog is awesome.
While I am not going through all the steps of this award, I did want to pick up a thread of it. Sheree asked for advice for bloggers. While I don’t consider myself successful enough to give great advice, I am sure I can say a little.
- Write for yourself. You might measure successful blogging in terms of readers, or sponsors, or something, but if you’re not writing for yourself, it will become a chore. Like everyone, I had dreams of overnight success and becoming an “influencer” hoping that someone would shower me with free cycling vacations. If that had been my only motivation, I would have given up writing. Instead, I found that I enjoyed writing. I enjoyed finding those Perfect Moments each day. I also found that other people liked them too.
- Enjoy the community you have entered. There are some great people and great blogs here. Read and comment on the things you’ve read. There are people who are working very hard on their blogs and their blogging, and they can use your support. “Likes” are great, but comments are even better.
- Work on your blog. Don’t be afraid to tinker with it. You might have a great blog from the beginning, or it may take time to develop. I am still working on mine and I know it still not aesthetically where I want it.
- Work on your writing. I am guilty of being a poor editor of my own work. I do not take enough time to edit. Sometimes this is because I am writing before I go to sleep and can barely finish the piece. Sometimes, I just can’t look at it anymore. Sometimes, I am just lazy.
- If you’re in need of instant gratification, pester your Facebook network into viewing your blog. It will work once.
I hope these pieces of advice are useful.
Thank you again for nominating me and sorry for not nominating anyone else. There are lots of great blogs out there. My advice would be to look through the comments people have left on my blog and check those bloggers out. They took the time to write to me and they should be rewarded.