Bohemian Rhapsody Birthday

lighted happy birthday candles

Photo by rawpixel.com on Pexels.com

It wasn’t the perfect birthday for my mother(no bingo, no siblings) but all her children were there and all of us were on our best (a far cry from perfect) behaviour.  Of course there were gifts and cake.  There were also cards of both the paper and digital variety.  Pretty much all the ingredients were there.

The events unfolded quite well. My sisters arrived on time and looking nice.  We proceeded to have a late lunch (lupper…linner–have we come to a consensus on this yet?) and take my mother to her first movie since Hairspray.  Yes, that’s right, she hasn’t been in a movie theatre since then.  So much has changed from the digital printing of tickets (it is completely automated at the local theatre) to the nicely tiered seats allowing a good view for everyone in my vertically challenged family.  She seemed to take it all in stride and didn’t even react loudly when I showed her how much the popcorn and drink combo prices were.

We watched Bohemian Rhapsody as my oldest sister adores Queen.  Had there been a double feature with a movie about George Michael both my sister’s would have been in heaven.  Nonetheless, we all enjoyed the film and the music, without worrying too much about how authentic, or true to life, it really was.  In fact, both my sisters had already Googled all the inconsistencies and related them to me both during and after the movie.

It was good to get my siblings together to celebrate and hopefully we can do this more often without the need for a special occasion.

Advertisements

This entry was posted in Aspirations, Reflections, Perfection, birthday, cake, cameras, celebration, cinema, gifts, greeting cards, movies, review, siblings and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Bohemian Rhapsody Birthday

1. Well done Anthony- sounds good!!

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 at 17:36, Today’s Perfect Moment wrote:

> Anthony posted: ” It wasn’t the perfect birthday for my mother(no bingo, > no siblings) but all her children were there and all of us were on our best > (a far cry from perfect) behaviour. Of course there were gifts and cake. > There were also cards of both the paper and digi” >

2. Bryan Fagan says:

Happy to see you all arrived for you mom’s birthday. I too am a huge Queen fan. Hopefully your mom enjoyed it.

My sister is a colossal fan, so she chose the movie. My mother’s comment that she knew more Queen songs than she realized. She said it was good, but wouldn’t need a repeat showing.

Sounds like a great birthday. Hoping to see Bohemian Rhapsody this week.

4. Very nice everyone could be there. Not so sure I would choose a movie – it has only be about 10 years since I went to one. Love Queen.

I am not sure my mother would have chosen it either…..but it turned out well enough. If you love Queen, you should probably check out this movie or wait for the DVD. It wasn’t terribly authentic, but the actor did a good job and having seen the band (sadly without Freddie) live, the movie has a similar vibe to it.

5. Heide says:

That does sound like a really lovely evening, Anthony — even if there was no bingo. 🙂 Happy belated birthday to your mum.

6. Hunida says:

Aw happy birthday to your mom! Sounds like a nice little family time you all had. 🙂

7. blossomkitty says:

We call the mid afternoon meal drunch 😉 it sounds positively unappealing in every way.
    I loved Bohemian Rhapsody. My son is a huge fan… (he’s 18). George Michael surely is on the upcoming list of bio- flicks? Elton, Bowie, surely your other sister will be catered to eventually 😊