In defiance of the season, today was more like a gorgeous spring day. In fact, it might have been an early summer day with the way the temperature climbed beyond its usual station.
So, is that Today’s Perfect Moment? Well let me regale you with the things that didn’t make the cut.
- fellow bus passengers reeking of beer and pot
- the loud cell phone talkers who shared more of their life than I would have cared for
- slow rides in a very warm bus. After waiting until the temperature got to single digits before turning off the A/C, the plus 22 temperature didn’t seem to warrant turning it back on
- new students disrupting class flow
- grumpy co-workers
Things that could have made the cut.
- the chance to sleep in
- the co-worker who announced that she was leaving but still took time to come and personally say goodbye
- the way the beautiful day made the fall colours that much more special
- the Toronto Maple Leafs scoring goals in bucket loads
If I had to pick a winner, I guess it would have to be the departing colleague’s moment of goodbye. People come and go at my work so regularly that it is hard to keep track. As the age gap between us grows, I hardly ever get to meet the new people. When they leave, I don’t usually rate more than a goodbye wave. This was much nicer.