Things that signal spring is either here or on the way:
- I saw people with big heavy coats on and people wearing shorts all in the span of 100 metres.
- My cycling club membership arrived in the mail.
- Grocery stores have started selling a lot of greenery.
- Smokers are no longer huddled in groups, but have started to wander.
- The early morning bus stop is no longer bathed in darkness and the glare of headlights is less obvious.
- The formless mass of humanity on the bus has ditched their puffy jackets (mostly).
- I heard a child asking (well screaming really) his mom for ice cream.
- The bike parking is now being used at the grocery store.
- The various patios have opened for business, whether they be bars or coffee shops.
- Construction still hasn’t finished and things advertised as opening in Spring don’t look anywhere near finished.
- The mail carriers have changed their uniforms.
- Hockey Playoffs have gotten more intense.
- I have stuff to look at out the windows when I am drinking my coffee.
- I hear birds making a lot of noise.
It will be official when I see:
- a convertible with the top down.
- someone eating ice cream outside.
- a group ride that isn’t shivering for the first ten kilometres or wearing arm warmers.