Lately, I have noticed an uptick in my WP stats. More people seem to be stopping by to take a look at my blog. Some of those people are even going back and reading some of my older posts. That certainly makes me feel good.
I could ponder it deeply and start wondering if I have been doing a better job of “tagging” my posts. I could wonder if I have improved my writing lately. I might also wonder if I have just found a bunch of interesting topics.
That seems like a waste of time and positive energy. Who cares why or how they got here. I am just happy they stopped by. I am happy that the idea of reflecting on positive moments in the day is something that is starting to resonate with people. If I can make even one person smile, that is the measure of success.
Thank You. I appreciate you stopping by and I definitely appreciate the positive comments I have received.
Just in case you thought that my choice of topic was a way of not writing about Today’s Perfect Moments, I should recount that while, in my sleep deprived state, I am unable to definitely choose one Perfect Moment, there were lots of great moments today. Any one of them could be chosen for the title.
- a glorious sunny walk from the subway station to work
- coffee and cookies in the teacher’s room
- students who seemed “switched on” (When I was in Japan I briefly had an Australian flatmate who used this word so effectively)
- a fun episode of the Great Pottery Throwdown (TV shouldn’t be a perfect moment, but it was a nice indulgence, and for reality TV it was pretty devoid of catty behaviour that seems to dominate the genre)
- no bills in the mailbox
- lots of cat snuggles
- delicious yogurty popsicle thing for desert
- a nap on the bus on the way home
- a young lady with interesting shades of red hair on the subway
- time to read my current murder mystery
- some great posts by bloggers I am following
- winning most of my games of Words With Friends
- a green light when I wanted to cross the street