WordPress Premium Questions

Once again, I find myself wondering if I should sign up for WP premium. It is party because I am running out of space, and partly because my numbers are consistent and on pace to double last years.

It isn’t the advertising revenue, because if I am just going to break even, I might as well stay with the free plan. My idea is a little different.  Ultimately, I would love to do travel reviews and reviews of cycling and hiking products.  I just wonder if my blog would be more attractive to would be companies if I did that.

I would love to hear anyone’s take on this. I would especially love to hear from anyone who has signed up for WP premium recently and would love to hear about their experiences.  Aside from access to WordAds, what advantages are there?

This entry was posted in Aspirations, Reflections, Perfection, blog, blogging, blogposts and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to WordPress Premium Questions

I’ve been blogging for more than five years and am still on the free plan. I did pay for more space.

2. bgddyjim says:

Is love to give you advice, brother…. but I’m in the same boat.

One solution; you go through it all and tell me all about it 🤔. All kidding aside, what is your thought process on it? What are you hoping to get out of it, and how much traffic do you get?

• bgddyjim says:

I get around 130,000 hits a year. For the selfish part, I just write for the outlet and to say my peace. I find sanity in it. Otherwise, I get several comments a year thanking me for a recovery post that I write, some going so far as to say the post was “life changing”. I have always struggled to help others in recovery. My blog fits that bill perfectly. I love that my experience can benefit someone else.

You should definitely do it.

• bgddyjim says:

I won’t have much choice. I’m bumping my head on the upper reaches of my allotted space again. Thanks.

3. Heide says:

I upgraded to Premium many years ago when a friend told me with dismay that she was being targeted with weight-loss ads on my blog. Apart from the cost, I haven’t found any downsides to upgrading. It’s nice to have the extra space, the ability to add audio, and no ads. That last one may be important if you’re hoping to generate revenue — because you really don’t want the bots to add an advert for a competing product. Best wishes with your decision!

Thanks for your advice and guidance. I suppose that I would sign up for AdWords, since premium doesn’t allow for third party advertising.
      I will keep thinking about it, but I might give it a try for a year.

4. John says:

I have a “wordpress” political blog “Keeping An Eye On The Czar of Russia”. It is now dormant but in the period August 2011 to March 2017, I had 330,000 views. I have never paid for a WordPress premium. I suppose the good thing about “ads” is that I don’t actually see them. So I don’t actually think about them.
    The “Stamp” blog is much more niche and not much in the way of views at all.
    Is it really a Blog or just a Journal?
    Since I became 65 in May, I have a travel-pass that entitles me to Free Travel in Ireland and I have been blogging without success on that. In fairness, I have not sought to publicise it.